Sunday, September 07, 2008

Paldo World

Mutti, Di, and I went up to Tacoma and visited Paldo World today. Paldo World is a gigantic Asian market. Huge. It's like the equivalent of one of those Super Wal-Marts. I finally got some red and white miso and some good tofu (also, four bunches of green onions for 99 cents. Not 99 cents each; 99 cents for four). My favorite section was the kitchen section where Di and I found these:

miso bowls!

Aren't they cute?

If you live in the Olympia/Tacoma/Lakewood/Bellevue area I highly recommend that you go. Preferably with an Asian guide. In the grocery isles you can find such delicacies as Bean Crud, Cuppy Powder, and Silkworm Pupa, among other things. Lots of fun and a Korean dinner with kimchi, bibimbap, garlbi, and a bubble tea later - I'm tired.

In the knitting world: Mutti's mittens are almost done. I just have to pick up the thumb stitches, knit the thumb on her second mitten, wash them, block them and they'll be done.

So close.

2 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

Ooh, I love the mitt. I can't believe how close you are.

The market sounds fun and overwhelming. Your miso bowls are absolutely precious!

Stefaneener said...

You are so close.

I stumbled into a Ranch 99 market once and felt as though I'd gone down a rabbit hole. I think a guide is a great idea.