Friday, May 16, 2008

Yarn Crawl - Day 1

First stop: 10:00-10:45 am. Canvas Works in downtown Olympia. That's Nancy, one of the owners, on the right. Mutti bought three skeins of A-MAIZing for washcloths. We saw Patti and DJ. We're meeting up with Patti and a few other knitting girls tomorrow and Sunday for the rest of the shops.Second stop: 11:00-11:20. Fancy Image Yarn in Shelton. Didn't get anything here even though she had a 10% discount. I was interested in some fingering wt. merino/tencel put up in 1600 yd bundles, but quickly lost interest after I saw the $66 price tag. You'll have to take off more than six and a half dollars for me to buy that.
Third and last stop for the day: 11:45-12:54. Allyn Knit & Spin. That's Lois, the owner (and knitter and spinner and barber). I love this shop. She carries wonderful yarn like Monarch and fiber:

The fiber corner. Louet, Ashland Bay, and Lois' hand-dyed.
I got 6.35 oz of superwash merino kool-aid dyed by Lois. It's so bright and happy. Perfect spinning for the scorcher we're having today. What Corriedale? I'm spinning a fingering weight single for a two ply yarn. Yes, I'm feeling fine. I said a 2 ply yarn. I want to get a little more yardage out of it for a side-to-side shrug.

I also got this book. Selbuvotter. *swoon* I've wanted this book for a long time and now it's mine! All Mine! It's taking a lot of restraint not to grab some yarn and cast on for mittens. Must finish a project.
More yarn shops tomorrow! My wheel is calling me...

2 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like a fun day!

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, very fun! Love the Kool-Aid dyed. Very springy.