Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Up a creek

Mutti ordered some fiber for a handspun sweater on May 8th. She ordered 2 lbs of Blue-faced Leicester from Hello Yarn and 8 oz of a Merino/Angora blend from Little Barn. She received the Hello Yarn order in less than a week. Twelve days later, there's still no sign of the Little Barn package. We like to give fiber and yarn companies the benefit of the doubt so we hold our calls and emails. We figure that they're being bombarded by orders and busy with fiber festivals and the last thing they need is some crabass calling to complain about her order.

I thought twelve days without confirmation was going a bit far so I told Mutti to give them a call. She did and got this story:

They're located in a rural Alabama and their local post office is somewhat lacking in quality. Apparently one of their delivery men had a hot date with his girlfriend and didn't want to waste precious time by delivering all of the packages so he did what any sensible horny postman would do: he dumped them in the creek. A woman walking her dog near the creek spotted the packages and gave Little Barn a call.

So there's the reason for the wait. It didn't have anything to do with needing a rest after a festival. Just a needy postman.

Unbelievable.

7 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

Wow. I...don't even know what to say about that. Unbelievable. I hope that guy lost his job, but I kind of doubt it.

turtlegirl76 said...

Well now, I'm all for honesty but ditching a package for pussy? Please.

I ordered from them after SAFF and it was a full month before I heard anything from them. I sent message after message. USPS never got past that message where they say they were alerted that a package would be ready to be picked up. It showed up out of the blue but I didn't hear a thing from them until after. I'll never order from them again.

punkin said...

Years ago I lived in a town that had similar questionable service. The postman (postwoman?) couldn't finish the route in the time allowed and so dumped the last of the mail in the hospital's dumpster. Makes you wonder.

Stefaneener said...

I'm guessing that this is a common reaction of post-people. Can't do it? Dump it!

I wonder what that would look like applied to different walks of life. If I'm done grading papers but, hey, there are still more papers? Can I say the dog ate them?

I'm glad my mechanic doesn't do this. Sheesh. I hope you get the nice fiber soon.

Denise said...

My mom ordered on April 20 to be sent to me. We still haven't either the first or the follow up shipment. After a week of constantly calling, they called back last Monday, blaming the PO having contract workers, and that the order will be resent Priority Mail on Wednesday. It's been over a week, I'm still waiting and hoping it's just the Holiday weekend hold up.

We won't be ordering from them again.

Wendy said...

I never thought I'd be so thankful that my postman hit.every.damn.branch.falling.out.of.the.ugly.tree...hey, my husband works long hours, alright? A girl's got to have her amusement somewhere and the FedEx agent's a woman and the UPS is a perpetually-training team and I'm just not that kinky yet (read: ever). Don't be judging me. ;)

Yarnhog said...

That's hilarious! I'm waiting for a package for them, too...wonder if it's up a creek?