Monday, May 05, 2008

Cormo pr0n!


Stats:
Cormo wool, spun from dyed locks
224 yds, 10 wpi, worsted weight
I can't weigh it because my scale needs a new battery, but I'd say it weighs about 4 - 4.5 ounces. I lost some fiber from carding. The yarn is very very very soft. Definitely going to be a neckwarmer.
More yarn pr0n:

***
I finished my aunt's socks friday night. I can't believe I actually finished a project in time for a birthday. Woo! Her birthday is on the 18th so I'll be sending these out very soon. She lives in NY and packages take about a week to get there so that's plenty of time. I knit these out of Dream In Color Gaia Sock on US 1 dpns using my Vanilla Sock pattern. It's going to be a real wrench giving these up; they're so soft and comfy and they fit me just right. Please admire my sock label and awesome sock stamp. You can see the socks laid out on Ravelry.

Since I finished these I've been working on these Toe-Up Vanilla Socks for me using my hand-dyed Silja sock yarn (turning the heel) and Quant-ish (halfway done!). I'd work on Swallowtail and Laminaria, but the weather has been Gorgeous and it's hard to knit lace in direct sunlight.
I ripped out Ganomy because it was way too tight. I'm going to re-knit it with the yarn doubled on larger needles. I may just follow the pattern this time around - what a thought!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, I bet that Cormo is DIVINE. Mmmm... Pretty colors!

There's just something about a label that makes socks look so professional, isn't there?

allisonmariecat said...

Your sock label is awesome! I was totally going to comment on it anyway, even before you said anything. Lovely socks, and lovely Cormo. Great colors.

Stefaneener said...

Very nice, both yarn, socks, and label. Good for you for giving them away. They're lucky folk.

Knit - R - Done said...

Pretty yarn. I can't wait to see it knit.