Sunday, April 20, 2008

The letter of the day is O.

O is for orange

I cast on for a Ganomy (not an O) last week using my Orange hand spun. I've been wanting to knit with it for quite a while, but I couldn't find the perfect project. Since the pattern calls for heavier yarn and thicker needles I had to re-work the pattern and it was then that I noticed how well my pencil and notebook matched the yarn. I don't know how I do it. Sometimes I do the same with my clothes: unwittingly wear a t-shirt that matches the color of my current project. Anyone else do that?

It is a bit nerdy.


O is for Olympian, organic cereal, organic milk, and organic strawberries - YUM!

Project Specs:

Yarn: Orange Merino hand spun, sport wt (about 14 wpi), 3 ply

Needles: US 2

Pattern: Ganomy by EZ (Knitter's Almanac)


Orange graffiti. See? I told you there'd be more. Not the most spectacular one, by far.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Nice job tying in the graffiti to your theme. ;)

allisonmariecat said...

Love all the orange! Your handspun looks fantastic, but you know that :)

Oh, and Pasta Geronimo is more pasta inspired by Geronimo than pasta containing Geronimo! (He inspired me by stepping in the pesto I was about to toss with the pasta so that I had to find a quick substitute. Cats.)

Be proud of your nerdiness! I think we're cool now.