Saturday, March 15, 2008

New Project

I cast on for Laminaria last night. I couldn't resist it any longer. It didn't help that I printed the pattern and dug the the yarn for it out of my stash to tempt myself. I'm almost done with the first star chart repeat. It's a very basic chart once you read the symbol descriptions. I can't wait to get to the Blossom Chart - my favorite part.

I'm making a note of the start date: March 14, 2008. Remember that. The yarn is 2000+ yds of 100% Merino laceweight from the Loom Room in CA. I bought it at the Blacksheep Festival in 2006 and dyed it a deep emerald green (the picture's fairly accurate). It's been in my stash ever since. Almost forgot to mention: I'm making the shawl size. Must have something lacy to wrap up in.

I know the shawl design is based on kelp, but the star pattern reminds me of these little plants that I saw on my walk yesterday. I'm sure I'll change my mind once I start the other charts.

Onto other things...

I updated my wip pile page yesterday. You can see it here. I'm going to try to keep it updated a little more often, depending on how much progress I make, of course.

I've been walking and working out (hooray!). I walk 7 miles every other day and on the off days I walk 3 miles. After my walks I do sit-ups and crunches, push-ups, leg-lifts, and stretches. I've only been walking and exersizing for a week so I'm not noticing a huge difference, but I do feel energized. I walked a little later in the afternoon yesterday so that by the time I turned around the sun was setting. There's a small lake I walk past and the Swallows were out in droves, dipping and swooping around me. I took a video of it, but it needs a little editing. I'll post it next time.

That's all for me. Please enjoy this lovely sunset.

No comments: