Thursday, March 13, 2008

Clementine Shawlette

Pattern: Clementine Shawlette from Spring 2007 IK
Yarn: Sublime Merino/Silk/Cashmere (6 balls)
Needles: US 7 circs
Time frame: Started Spring 07, finished Feb. 08
I really enjoyed knitting this. The yarn and the pattern were a perfect match. I only used the chart for the increasing section, but after that it was a breeze. An easy four row repeat for 16", knit two pieces, and graft them together in the middle. I didn't enjoy grafting lace however. Does anyone know of an easier way to graft lace or make it look a little more seamless?

This stole/scarf is the pride of our coatrack and I wear it often. Because of the wise color choice it goes with everything. And to think I almost chose grey! Ack! Not a good idea when you live in Washington. 'How To Match The Scenery'. My sister was ready to claim it for her own, but she got my last lace project (Icarus) so I stood up for myself and beat her over the head politely declined.
Zoom.

I almost finished one Feather and Fan sock, but I effed up the foot and have to rip back and inch or two. Thankfully, I wrote the pattern down as I went along so re-knitting shouldn't take too long. Expect the pattern up next month.

5 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Oh yeah this one is all yours! It's very nice -- I hope it reminds you of spring and pale daffodils and not the gray.

allisonmariecat said...

Ooh, you're back and with a lace FO! Awesome. Clementine is gorgeous. I always choose pretty but impractical colors for my shawls, so I never wear them.

I hope your sister is recovering nicely from her attempt to snag your shawl :)

D.J. said...

Yay, internets! I know I've seen the final product (beautiful), but just wanted to say the pictures are fabulous, too.

Zonda said...

It's beautiful! Lovely knitting there!

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh how pretty! Lovely job on it. It looks fantastic!