Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Yoo-hoo!

Hey, remember me? I'm still here... well, not in the same here. We moved back to Olympia -hurrah!

We left the computer in hopes of buying a better, less crowded, more modern version so I've been using the computers at our local library (people are probably wondering who the nutter printing out all the knitting patterns is).

I wasn't able to finish any Christmas presents due to the move. Well, not entirely true. I finished a pair of pink socks for Kris, but I couldn't send them out without finishing the socks for her hubby which still aren't done. I'm having serious SSS with his socks, so much that I organized all my wips and pulled out some of the older ones to work on. The good news is that I've finished the increases on the second half of the Clementine Shawlette. I live in mortal fear of having Clementine abducted by my sister. She really really wants it. How many shawls do I have to knit for her?

I'm spinning up 5 oz of variegated pink (think strawberries and cream) Colonial wool into a DK wt 3 ply sock yarn for Mutti. She'll be getting it for Valentine's Day. Remember the purple angora/merino I had lying around? I spun that up for my sister (same weight and ply as Muttis). I'll be knitting it into the Huckleberry Ascot from Holiday Knits. She's been wanting a scarf for a month or so now, but right before Christmas she had the nerve to tell me that she thought she was allergic to wool! Hah! I told her she wasn't allowed to be allergic and she probably wasn't allergic anyway, just sensitive - hence the angora, which she bought for me last year, btw.

Allison, how are you and the family doing? I hope you stop by to see if I'm still alive!

I'm running out of time here, just wanted to stop in and see how the bloggy world was doing. Are there any Olympia knitters going to Monday Night Knitting at Canvas Works? Mutti and I will be going there pretty regularly from now on. Must. Knit. With. Other. People.

Keep Knitting! Toodle-oo!

5 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Hellooooo there!! Glad you're "home," good to hear from you.

I've been keeping up with your spinning -- you go!

allisonmariecat said...

Yay, you're back! How did the move go? How's the new place? We're good, pretty much recovered from the holiday madness. I'm even sneaking in some knitting. Next week, I'll have some WIP pictures up. Maybe tomorrow if I get good sunlight and Matt takes Lilah for a bit.

I can't wait to see pictures up from you again. Your strawberries and cream sounds yummy. Allergic to wool???? I'm with you, it's just not allowed. But alpaca is awfully nice, so...

allisonmariecat said...

I assume your internet time is just limited, but I wanted to make sure blogger hadn't eaten my comment, thus making you feel unloved, so you can delete this if you got my first one :)

Yay, you're back! I can't wait till we can see pics of your spinning (strawberries and cream, yum!) and Clementine. I think yarn allergy must be completely unallowed. It's just unacceptable, although alpaca is pretty nice...

We're good! Busy, as always. I'm sneaking in some knitting. I got new yarn for Christmas (I put up pics on the ol' blog), so I'm afraid Tussie Mussie is feeling neglected, but I have cool stuff OTN that is making me happy. Including...socks! Lilah is walking and talking (sort of--she says Mama, Dada, Kitty Cat, and Meow) and a big girl. How did the move go? Update me when you get a chance--it's been ages.

allisonmariecat said...

Okay, I left a comment last week. I'm assuming your internet time is just limited, but I thought I'd post something in case blogger lost it, since I don't want you to feel unloved. So you can delete this one if you got the first! Also, I think blogger just ate a comment, so I'm retyping what I remember, so you may have three redundant comments from me.

I can't wait to see pics of your spinning (strawberries and cream, yum!) and of Clementine. I agree that wool allergy simply cannot be allowed.

We're good! Busy as usual. I got some new yarn for Christmas (pics up on the ol' blog), so Tussie Mussie has been rather neglected. But I have some cool stuff OTN that is making me happy. Lilah is walking and talking (well, sort of--she says Mama, Dada, Kitty Cat, and Meow) and is getting big.

How did the move go? Update me when you get a chance--it's been ages since I've heard from you!

allisonmariecat said...

I left something for you on my blog :)