Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Did I make your day?


Allison gave me this award for making her day! Hurray! The fact that I managed to post it here is worth a hurray, too, since I didn't think I'd be able to post pictures on a library computer. Thanks, Allison!
Guess who I met at Monday Night Knitting this week? A blog stalker! I've never met anyone who's read my blog before. She recognized me from my tiny little profile picture, too! Hi DJ! I hope I see you next week. Sorry I didn't get to say good-bye before you left. I got sucked up by the Noro sock yarn.
I just saw the new patterns on Knitty. A Blood Stupid Johnson hat! I need to give Sarah Lily a "You Made My Day" button. That's just great. I must knit it.
I've been itching to knit some lace for awhile so I cast on for the Swallowtail Shawl with some hand dyed Misti Alpaca Laceweight. The bud pattern is really easy, but it's been set aside while I knit a hat for my aunt and finish some socks for the general population. I've been planning my next 50 lace projects because I found a bunch of gorgeous lace patterns hiding in my pattern notebooks. Surprise!
I haven't been spinning a lot, but I did start a new project: 3 oz. soy silk/cashmere dyed a pretty raspberry color. I love it, it's wonderfully soft, it catches the light like nothing else... it's a pain in the ass to spin! The staple is about 1" long and both the fibers are slippery. I'm going for a two ply lace weight, if I don't go crazy first.
Speaking of crazy, I have to go because there's a crazy old man sitting next to me. Run away!

3 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Hope the crazy man left you alone! The BSJ hat made me laugh, too.

You do make many of our days. Good to see a post from you.

D.J. said...

Aaaah, I'm melting, melting--from the exposure of my first ever comment on a blog! I almost feel grown up.

It was really nice meeting you. I've enjoyed reading, so I guess that only makes sense! Hopefully I'll be able to come next week for an hour or so. I have a book club gathering at 6ish. Cheers!

allisonmariecat said...

I can't wait to see Swallowtail. Not to mention the spinning.

Yikes! Watch out for the crazy old men.