Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Look what came in the mail!


I know! Two posts in one day is really unlike me, but after I finished posting I went to get the mail and lo and behold!: A box from Allison! !!!
I walked semi-patiently home. I would have run, but it's really wet and mucky out and I didn't want to slip, fall, and get mud on the box or the hat I was working on. Please forgive me for the following slightly blurry photos. I blame it on the happy buzz.

Inside the box there are two containers full of yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies with nuts in (yum!). Walnuts, I believe. In my happy yarn and baked good delirium I can't be sure. After I finish this post I'm off to make a cup of tea, and sit down with knitting, cookies, and purple yarn. Drink, knit, eat, pet.

There's also six skeins of grape-colored Rowanspun 4 ply (which looks like 2 ply to me, but it's lovely yarn and I'm not going to fuss over 2 plies). It's my favorite kind of Rowan which is sort of felty, very soft, and tweedy. The color is Turkish. There are 162 yds per skein... 6 skeins... so *scribble scribble quick math* ...972 yds. Could be a tweedy shawl, a hat-mitten-sock set, a scarf. One thing I know for sure: whatever I knit; it'll be for moi. Sometimes it's good to be selfish.

Isn't it lovely?
Allison, you're the best! Thank you thank you! I'll have to send something wonderful your way in thanks for the two great packages I've received this year.
Thanks!


2 comments:

Pig wot flies said...

In the UK '4ply' is a description of weight, rather than structure. A 4ply weight yarn is roughly fingering weight. I believe in Australia there's a whole system for describing yarn weights in plys, e.g. 4ply, 8 ply, 12ply.
Odd, I agree, but then I've no idea why it would be 'fingering' weight.

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, pig wot flies had a good explanation. I had no idea.

So glad you liked it! And glad the postal service managed not to lose/crush/otherwise destroy it!

I finally posted Tussie Mussie swatches on my blog today :) I might need your input.