Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Mail call!

The box from Allison arrived this morning! What could be inside?
Newspaper! It's what I always wanted. The newspaper doesn't get delivered up here. It's good to know they changed that. ;)
Hooray! Treats for the kitties, a ball of Pakucho Organic Cotton leftover from the shrug, a pound of taffy, and a cute birthday card.
Allison, the taffy is delish! I haven't had good taffy since the Erie County Fair (i.e. a long time ago). The almond is my favorite. Yummm...
Geronimo and Mirando sent the kitties some fish treats. Kami sends a most emphatic "Thank You!". I really think she's got some siamese in her or something similar. She's one of the noisiest cats I've owned. Sophie said "Mrr" and Sam fell back asleep. You can't win 'em all. They were probably really excited, but too hot to express it. They rarely get treats.
I'm not sure what I'll use the cotton for. Maybe a headband or a nice washcloth - a lace handtowel would be pretty. It's so soft.
The card is really cute. On the front it's got a sun coming out of a gift-wrapped box. On the inside it says "Sending a little birthday sunshine your way." I love it. I'm such a sucker for fun cards and stationery. By the way, Allison has really nice handwriting. I'm jealous. All my calligraphy lessons didn't pay off, but Allison's writing has perfect form.

Mutti loves the taffy, too. It goes really well with a hot cup of tea. Kami thought she wanted to try the taffy, but she was really more interested in the wrapper.

The shrug! Oh, the shrug! It's marvelous - and green! It's kind of funny that Allison knit this particular pattern for me because it's the same shrug I wanted to knit for myself. You saved me a week or two of knitting! Its really comfy and it fits perfectly. I want to wear it today, but it's too hot and I don't want to sweat all over it. Plus, I'm dyeing today and if I get red dye on the shrug I'll be heartbroken. I'm anxiously awaiting cooler weather. The shrug is (or will be, if the weather ever cools down) the perfect little something to wear over a tank top or t-shirt.

Allison, remember when I said that I might cry when I got the package? I admit, I got a little teary-eyed, but in a good way. They were definitely happy tears. I tried the shrug on and did a little happy dance which I failed to capture on film. I love this shrug! Woo!
Allison, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thanks to Matt, Lilah, and the kitties, too. I'm off to ply, dye, curse the hot weather, and enjoy my little happy buzz.

THANKS!

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh how sweet! That shrug looks great on you! You should totally make a matching headband with the leftovers.

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, yay! The post office said you'd get it today, but you know, it's the post office, so I didn't know for sure. I am SO GLAD it fit! I actually had a dream that you posted that it didn't fit at all and the sides were uneven. Isn't that bizarre? I did just notice, though, that I'm a doofus and forgot to sew the collar down in the back. I was so excited when it finished blocking that I took it right to the post office. Good thing I added the extra yarn...

I had a blast knitting this. I'll post about the experience today or tomorrow, as Lilah permits.

My mom's a teacher (well, a principal now), so my that's where my handwriting came from :)