Monday, August 27, 2007

Today's the day

My dad gave me a wheel for my birthday! It's an Ashford Traveller - my favorite wheel from Ashford. The nice thing about this wheel is that I don't have to learn how to use it. Cindy has one (ST) that she let me borrow earlier this year. I'm so ecstatic right now. Finally! A wheel!
I'm going to break it in by spinning a simple two ply for a pair of my Super Simple Wristers for my sister.
Mutti is busy baking a cake. I would bake it, but I cannot, for the life of me, bake a simple layer cake. I can do Baked Alaska or a Triple Layer Raspberry Mousse Torte, but simple cakes are beyond (or below?) me.
I'm off to spin. I just wanted to share the spinny joy with everyone. I'll post more pictures on my Flickr later.
*I also received the replacement parts for my knitting machine today, but I'll post about that tomorrow.

7 comments:

Zonda said...

Happy Birthday! Yay for the spinning wheel!

turtlegirl76 said...

Yay for Ashfords! I love my Traveller. Happy Birthday!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday, and congratulations on the new wheel :)

peri said...

Yay - I adore my my Ashford Traveller such a great little wheel.

A belated 'happy birthday to you' as well!

allisonmariecat said...

Pretty pretty! Happy late birthday! Your present is in the mail, so unless USPS decides to kick it around for a while, you should have it Wed.

Stefaneener said...

Hooray! happy late birthday and I cannot wait to see all the goodies you crank out. Do you use it Scotch or double-tensioned?

Anonymous said...

Almost time for another birthday - hope it is happy! Be wise, be well, and be generous with your love.