Sunday, July 01, 2007

Baby Steps

Adrian-esque photo shot
Ahh... it's so nice to have a finished project. They're only small projects, but it's like doing the easy chores first. You'll have more time for the harder tasks. Here's two I can check off my WIP list. I knit the buttonbands and sewed the buttons on the mushroom pulsewarmers friday night, they got an all day stretch on saturday, and now they're ready to wear. There's just one problem. It's 73 degrees F (23 C) up here. They'll have to wait, along with the kerchief, for autumn.

I did change a couple of things: I made one button band striped (for no particular reason) and I added a St.st. back panel to avoid snagging the floats on anything. It didn't increase the thickness too much, but it makes them much warmer. These will have to be my sitting-in-a-snowdrift-and-get-a-hankering-to-knit pulse warmers.

I'm in love with the mushroom motif. It reminds me of the Mario Bros. video games that were the size of a VHS cassette, remember? And those huge pixels. My next pair should have little 1up's on them. I wore them while I was wandering around this morning and I caught myself humming the Mario theme song.

Do ya feel lucky? Do ya?

I also finished the kerchief from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. It was my mindless knitting project and now it's gone. I'm going to miss knitting it. It was the kind of project you could knit while watching a really riveting movie. Pick up needles... put on auto-knitter. Now I can keep myself warm and play cowboys and indians...

...or pretend I'm the Pope.

8 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Hee - I totally thought of Mario Bros., too! Those are adorable!

And I like the scarf/Pope hat combo. Very nice! :D

Stefaneener said...

Yes, of course, a knitted miter. Now you can knit a staff to go with it, or a knitted ring. . .

The colorwork is so tidy on those. Really impressive.

Zonda said...

Excellent idea for knitting the pulse warmers! Cute hat/kerchief too! :)

Adrian said...

I love them! The striped button band is brilliant.

cathy said...

1-Up mushroom wristwarmers :) Awesome

turtlegirl76 said...

I have the Mario Bros. music stuck in my head now.

Seriously, those are cute as hell! Where's the pattern?

allisonmariecat said...

Ha! Mario Bros. was my first thought, too! They look so professional and finished with the stockinette band. Very nice touch. And your fair isle is stunning. My fair isle looks wonky, probably because I hate it so I avoid it like the plague...

Rain said...

Those cuffs are so cute. Love the hat!