Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Brekkin' tha law

I broke the Cast-On Diet law. I cast on for another project this past week. They're mitts for my dad. They were his father's day gift. Athough they're not the right gift for the season, he can wait until fall to wear them. Plus, he likes them, which is what counts. I got the hint when he kept trying on my green mitts. Yes, dad, point taken. I love how the striping turned out. It sort of reminds me of the Kauni effect yarn. Don't worry. This is the last time I'm breaking the cast-on diet law.

SPECS:
yarn: Odyssey merino, a ball of light blue and a ball of dark blue. I only had one ball of dark blue so I striped them.
needles: US 3 dpns
time: two days (only worked on them in the pm)

And a picture of Kami just because she's fabulous.

She's probably checking out the Hummers.

4 comments:

Stefaneener said...

"Hmm, just a bite each. Now if they'd only hold still. . .drat it." Probably something like that.

Nice wristlets.

Rain said...

I think it's fair game to break the diet for a gift. They're fab. Nothing like dropping hints...

Chris said...

LOL - I was thinking her expression was "Mmmmm... hummingbirds..." Kinda like Chaos watching March of the Penguins...

Dang, I wish my dad would wear cool knitting like that!

allisonmariecat said...

The striping is so cool. I love when I make a decision out of necessity and it turns out even better than it would have otherwise!

Kami's darling. Boy does she look like she has big plans, possibly involving birds or rodents...