Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hello, I'm showing off

because I'm done buying what I need for my sister's wedding! Granted, it wasn't that much, but damnit, I'm done. I have my dress, I have my shoes (which I love), and I have my matching jewelery (matching the other bridesmaid's jewelery, that is). I'm really pleased about the shoes because I don't think they really look like bridesmaid shoes. That's to say, if I wore them again I don't think I'd get comments like "Oh, you're wearing your bridesmaid shoes." from complete strangers.The jewelery I like because it was cheap, but it doesn't look too cheap. Sorry about the crappy picture. It's really hard to photograph sparkly things.

I had to get my ears pierced, too. I haven't had them pierced since I was twelve. The woman doing the piercing thought it was odd that a 20 year old was getting her ears pierced. I've just never had the desire or the need to have them pierced. I do now that I have "wedding expectations" (and pretty earrings from Ariel).
My sister really wants the Clementine Shawl I'm knitting. I made the mistake of working on it in front of her. I can't give it to her because the yarn was a gift and the gifter won't let me re-gift it. Therefore, I have a question for you: do you think I'd be able to knit a small wedding shawl or stole for my sister in two months time? I have enough white laceweight for a Shetland Triangle or something of the sort. I might just knit something small out of Folk Shawls. Let me know.

8 comments:

sgeddes said...

I want to knit the clemintien shawl too - Can't wait to see yours.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous jewelry! About knitting your sister a wedding shawl, I'm not sure how long it takes you to knit something up. I've got a friend who's getting married in June and have thought about knitting her something but I'm not sure how well it would go over. I know that I would love getting a shawl for my wedding. If you've got lots of time I think you could definatly get it done!

Zonda said...

Another Clemintine wanna be too! Cool shoes! I would so break my neck in them! Ouch your ears! You are the best sister to redo them for the wedding! Very nice jewelry!

Anna said...

Mm.... if you work on it non-stop, to the exclusion of everything, probably. Either way, have fun with the wedding. Being a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding was fun! :-D

Stefaneener said...

You can obviously knit whatever you put your mind to. Ear piercing -- that's dedication. I'd have gone for double stick tape ; )

Can't wait to see the shawl of envy.

Rain said...

Ooh pretty shoes!

I think you could get one done in that time, just keep it small and simple.

Abigale said...

Very pretty shoes! Very pretty jewelry too. Nice to have pretty earrings to wear, and it's hard to do that with no holes.

I find that shawls tend to move pretty quickly... I'd say you probably have time to get one done. I'd suggest doing one that's fairly simple... Folk shawls has some good choices - I've had that book for years, and have yet to knit anything from it... but something like the Highland Triangle, or even a Kiri would be a good choice. I'm thinking of the triangle icelandic Feather and Fan one for me... but I'm a sucker for Feather and Fan.

allisonmariecat said...

I vote for "You Can Do It!" I *love* Folk Shawls. I've made the Sarah Blanch shawl a couple of times, and the Litla Dimun, which turned out stunning.

Love the accessories!