Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sock Knitting

Stariel! Oh, Stariel!! Your socks are done! I'll be sending them out with your other treats soon.
There hasn't been much knitting aside from sock knitting going on over here. Mom's finishing up socks for me and I'm finishing socks for everyone but me.
I am finishing up clothes for a doll that I made for a daughter of a friend (the little girl in the first and last photos of this post). I made the doll last year, but haven't worked on her until this week. She currently has a knitted cardigan (pink alpaca), pink underwear (light pink fixation), and a sock and a half (Trekking XXL). I'm going to knit her a skirt (turquoise cotton) and a hat (?) as well. She'll also be getting a pair of felt shoes (handfelted and dyed bfl). I'll post a picture before I send her off to her new home. Doll clothes are quite fun to knit. I couldn't imagine finishing a sweater for myself in two hours.
I've been working on my sweater a little bit, too. I haven't even reached the first shaping decrease though. I so love working with Rowan yarn. MmmMmm.
I've been craving homemade Macaroni and Cheese today. James Beard and I are going to make some - minus his regular two tablespoons of salt. Tastebuds, anyone?

7 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Nice little gal with her needles. A doll that could knit her own socks would be a plus.

Anna said...

That doll is too cute. Can't wait to see her sent off with all her clothing. :-D

Zonda said...

Nice socks for Stariel!! That doll is too cute! :)

Stariel said...

Oooooooo.... socks!

I LOVE my socks, and that doll is just adorable too!

gourdongirl said...

That doll is just so cute.

I love Stariel's sox too!

Rain said...

Aw, that's so sweet. She's going to have the best dressed doll ever.

allisonmariecat said...

Great socks! Very cheery. The doll is adorable, and it sounds like she has a nice wardrobe planned.

2 TBL of salt??!! Wow. But yummmmm...homemade mac and cheese.