Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Technicolor!

I dyed 4 oz. of Superwash merino on monday and haven't been able to keep my hands off it. I'm trying to get over my dislike of orange, so I dyed most of the roving orange, and tossed in a few other colors just because. Plus, spinning entirely orange sock yarn would probably make me hate orange even more. This way I'm actually starting to like it. I only used red, yellow, and blue dye.



I'm spinning up colors that I didn't think I would get from this roving.

Also, see the roving I dyed and am spinning up for Stariel's socks. I decided not to use the other light blue roving. It's too scratchy for next-to-the-skin wear. I'll use it for felting instead.

Not much knitting going on. Just Stariel's socks. Oh, that reminds me. Look at the socks she knit for me!

5 comments:

Zonda said...

Ohh! Lovely colors there! Nice spinning! :)

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh my GOD! If that doesn't get you over hating orange I don't know what will. Wow. Gorgeous!

And I love that you have mimi in your sidebar. =)

allisonmariecat said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty colors! Just the thing for the bleakness of winter.

Sachi said...

LOL, you move quickly with the whole blog feed subscription thing. ;-)

I may or may not have met you. The gal who made that gorgeous shawl is Janel, the owner. I'm just a friend who was helping out on Saturday but I remember a lady and her mom coming by who purchased some yak and other natural colored things. I thought that might be you. ;-)

And, no, I have no control. sachis2112 at yah00 d0t c0m

Rain said...

That looks amazing.