Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A Hat For Alex

I've posted a new pattern in the sidebar. It's a hat knit in the memory of a little boy named Alex who suffered injuries at the home of his daycare provider that resulted in his death. He was only 6 months old. You can read about what happened on his mama's blog. The local newspaper published this article. If you would like to knit a hat to donate to the hospital where Alex was born, contact Trillian.
I cannot begin to say how sad this story made me. I'd knit my fingers to the bone if it would bring this little angel back to his mama.

3 comments:

Rain said...

That's such a sad story.

allisonmariecat said...

I was wondering where you were, String Bean! Thank you for the heads-up and for the pattern. I'm happy to knit some hats in Alex's memory. The story is absolutely heartbreaking.

Elizabeth said...

What a sad story. I can't even imagine the pain that family is feeling. Thank you for sharing the story and link with us.

More: Rogers Found Guilty