I finally got my hands on a camera! It's just on loan, but I'm taking full advantage of it.
There's a bunch of handspun yarn and roving pr0n on my Flickr account. Too many pictures to post here. Check it out.
I submitted a pattern to Knitty last month and I haven't heard from anyone yet so I hope it's being considered. *Fingers crossed* I have another pattern ready to submit for the Spring 2007 Knitty issue. Well, I have a choice of two*. Can you submit two patterns to the same issue?
I'm knitting the Cable Pocket Shawl from KnitPicks. I'm using the dreaded Cascade 220 that was used to knit the partial Forecast before I frogged it. Hopefully, all will be well this time.
I'm also knitting a pair of lined mittens for my sister using my handspun yarn. She'll get them by Christmas or maybe sooner.
I finished the Jaywalker's for Di and I also finished the Fixation ankle socks for me. I knit a few washcloths, too. Two for my aunt and one for Zonda as a thank you for a set of US 0 dpns.
I'd like to start a pair of Pomatomus, but first I need to free up a pair of US 2 dpns and that's not happening anytime soon. I've got another pair of socks otn, but I can't tell you about those yet*.
So here, to fulfill your curiousity, is a meme of...
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Alas, no, but I like to fancy that I was named after Queen Christina of Sweden (although the nose is way off, the hair is spot on).
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I love it. It's a perfect mix of my dad's anal retentive script and my mom's loopy calligraphy.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Definitely. How could I resist?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No, but I scubadive. Does that count as an appropriately suicidal sport?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Kashi's Seven Grain Cereal. It's great with soymilk or some plain Nancy's Honey yogurt.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Ben and Jerry's Caramel Sutra.
14. SHOE SIZE? 11
5. RED OR PINK? Pink.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll improvise. The animal I miss most is my cat Izzy. She was my cat in Virginia but she ran away/got lost/got eaten by bobcats. The relative I miss most is my sister, Di. No, she's not dead, but she moved out last year to live with her fiancee. I miss having her around all the time because she's my other half. We're two peas in a pod and for a few weeks after she moved out I was really depressed. I'm over it now, but I still miss her.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Sure, why not?
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Emerald green
23. FAVORITE SMELL? The smell of Autumn. You know... wood smoke, decomposing foliage, sharp breezes, rainy days. That whole smell.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My sister, this morning (twice). She called both times. Once to ask me about her wedding and another time to ask me if she could borrow a shovel to use on her flower beds.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? The eyes.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Hot Chocolate
30. HAT SIZE? 22" and if you would like to knit me a hat, leave a comment and I'll email you my address. Any color is acceptable. Superwash wool is preferred.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. I've worn glasses since I was 12 and if I stopped wearing them I'd constantly do this twitchy shove-my-glasses-up face thing which would make me look like I had an interesting, but incurable facial tick.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary movies
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Checkerboard Cake, PITA to make, lovely to eat.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Allison, I think.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Bill Gates, the bastard. Never responds to my emails... mutter... mutter... mutter... mutter... mutter...mutter...
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? I'm kind of in a rut. I've read all the books on my shelves a million times so I'm back to reading Harry Potter. I need to visit the library.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? A Logitech Optical Mouse w/ wire
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Couldn't find any good movies aside from A Nightmare on Elm Street (seen it too many times to want to watch it) and Army of Darkness (too corny) so I put in Lost in Translation (pleasantly quirky).
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Well, that's a hard question to answer. I've lived in all four corners of the US. I'd have to say either Toronto, Ontario; Victoria, British Colombia; Visalia, CA; Greenville, South Carolina; or Bryce Canyon, Utah.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can raise all sorts of animals without prior knowledge or experience. It's just this thing.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I stole it from Extravayarnza.
This handspun be mine!