Monday, October 23, 2006

Camera Crazy

I finally got my hands on a camera! It's just on loan, but I'm taking full advantage of it.

There's a bunch of handspun yarn and roving pr0n on my Flickr account. Too many pictures to post here. Check it out.

I submitted a pattern to Knitty last month and I haven't heard from anyone yet so I hope it's being considered. *Fingers crossed* I have another pattern ready to submit for the Spring 2007 Knitty issue. Well, I have a choice of two*. Can you submit two patterns to the same issue?

I'm knitting the Cable Pocket Shawl from KnitPicks. I'm using the dreaded Cascade 220 that was used to knit the partial Forecast before I frogged it. Hopefully, all will be well this time.

I'm also knitting a pair of lined mittens for my sister using my handspun yarn. She'll get them by Christmas or maybe sooner.

I finished the Jaywalker's for Di and I also finished the Fixation ankle socks for me. I knit a few washcloths, too. Two for my aunt and one for Zonda as a thank you for a set of US 0 dpns.

I'd like to start a pair of Pomatomus, but first I need to free up a pair of US 2 dpns and that's not happening anytime soon. I've got another pair of socks otn, but I can't tell you about those yet*.

So here, to fulfill your curiousity, is a meme of...

48 Things You Could Care Less About
1. FIRST NAME? Christina
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Alas, no, but I like to fancy that I was named after Queen Christina of Sweden (although the nose is way off, the hair is spot on).
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Probably while watching a sad movie, I can't remember.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I love it. It's a perfect mix of my dad's anal retentive script and my mom's loopy calligraphy.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Roast beef
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Definitely. How could I resist?
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? This blog is the closest I come to having a journal. I do have a knitting journal, of sorts. I keep notes, patterns, and bits of yarn in it.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I hope so... let me go check.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No, but I scubadive. Does that count as an appropriately suicidal sport?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Kashi's Seven Grain Cereal. It's great with soymilk or some plain Nancy's Honey yogurt.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No. They're very flexible shoes (i.e. old).
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, I do. Emotionally and physically.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Ben and Jerry's Caramel Sutra.
14. SHOE SIZE? 11
5. RED OR PINK? Pink.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I have standards. High ones. Very high. Cliffs of Insanity high. And I simply cannot help it.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll improvise. The animal I miss most is my cat Izzy. She was my cat in Virginia but she ran away/got lost/got eaten by bobcats. The relative I miss most is my sister, Di. No, she's not dead, but she moved out last year to live with her fiancee. I miss having her around all the time because she's my other half. We're two peas in a pod and for a few weeks after she moved out I was really depressed. I'm over it now, but I still miss her.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Sure, why not?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jeans, light blue t-shirt with a Pisces silkscreen. I'm a Virgo, not a Pisces, but whatever. Bare feet. Cold bare feet.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Dinner last night: steak with blue cheese and mushrooms, a baked potato, and my best baked beans (which is reminding me to post the recipe). I don't get hungry for anything until later in the day.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The cat purring and my mom turning the pages of a book.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Emerald green
23. FAVORITE SMELL? The smell of Autumn. You know... wood smoke, decomposing foliage, sharp breezes, rainy days. That whole smell.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My sister, this morning (twice). She called both times. Once to ask me about her wedding and another time to ask me if she could borrow a shovel to use on her flower beds.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? The eyes.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? I don't know her. I just stumbled across her blog. She seems pleasant enough and she knits and spins, so she can't be that bad.
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Hot Chocolate
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Soccer (to play and to watch)
29. EYE COLOR? Hazel
30. HAT SIZE? 22" and if you would like to knit me a hat, leave a comment and I'll email you my address. Any color is acceptable. Superwash wool is preferred.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No. I've worn glasses since I was 12 and if I stopped wearing them I'd constantly do this twitchy shove-my-glasses-up face thing which would make me look like I had an interesting, but incurable facial tick.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? There's not a lot of food I don't love so I'll have you know this is a very unfair question. Right now, if I had to choose one thing... fried chicken, southern style. I looove southern food.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Scary movies
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter
36. HUGS OR KISSES? I'll certainly take both, but let's stick with hugs for now.
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Checkerboard Cake, PITA to make, lovely to eat.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Allison, I think.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Bill Gates, the bastard. Never responds to my emails... mutter... mutter... mutter... mutter... mutter...mutter...
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? I'm kind of in a rut. I've read all the books on my shelves a million times so I'm back to reading Harry Potter. I need to visit the library.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? A Logitech Optical Mouse w/ wire
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Couldn't find any good movies aside from A Nightmare on Elm Street (seen it too many times to want to watch it) and Army of Darkness (too corny) so I put in Lost in Translation (pleasantly quirky).
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? rustling leaves, ducks muttering (not quacking, there's a difference), cats purring, the wind blowing through the Madrona trees, and birds chirruping - especially Black-Capped Chickadees. (here's an audio clip)
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Well, that's a hard question to answer. I've lived in all four corners of the US. I'd have to say either Toronto, Ontario; Victoria, British Colombia; Visalia, CA; Greenville, South Carolina; or Bryce Canyon, Utah.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can raise all sorts of animals without prior knowledge or experience. It's just this thing.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Buffalo, New York
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I stole it from Extravayarnza.
I'm tagging Allison, Zonda, Cristi, and Suse.
I leave you with Kami, the Yarn Pirate:

Arrr!

This handspun be mine!



5 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Oh my goodness! The hat! The mittens! The fingerless mitts! The incredibly adorable animals. . . the spinning. My gosh, the spinning. Sigh.

Rain said...

I'm sure I've seen multiple patterns by the same designer in one issue of Knitty, so I don't think it's a problem. It does take quite a while to hear back either way, I hope it's good news.

Your kitty is absolutely adorable.

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh No you didn't! Ahh! Not a long ass meme! Dammit. I suppose this one was coming my way sooner or later. *sigh*

allisonmariecat said...

You are turning into a spinning and dyeing master! Look at all that gorgeous roving and yarn. Pretty Jaywalkers, too.

Augh! A long ass meme! (Thank you for the technical term, turtlegirl--it's perfect :) Just kidding. I already did it!

Suse said...

I'll do it on Friday (my meme day).

Did you get my email? THE BOX ARRIVED!!!!! And I totally love you, you generous thing. Thank you so so much.