Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Maid of Honor

I was going to post about my extremely boring and labor filled week, but I just talked with my sister and was deeply hurt to learn that she didn't want me as her maid of honor when she gets married next year. Why not?! I am her only sister! We've always been close! Woe to the person who takes my place at my sisters side on her wedding day. I'm sharpening my best knives. She's going to look at wedding dresses next saturday and she didn't want me there either! I am so upset that she doesn't want me to be a part of this. There are only two family members here who would be a part of it: my mom and I. It's not like there's a multitude of aunts, grandparents and cousins crowding around. I'm her only sister! Not some looney aunt she hasn't seen in 10 years!

I'm going to go and have a good cry.

7 comments:

Tygher Knits said...

That's just awful! Especially if you've always been close. I'm not particularly close to my Sister, and don't expect to be her MoH .. nor is a want of mine.

*hugs*

Rain said...

Oh dear, sisters can be a bit crummy at times. I hope you get it sorted, but if she decides to carry on as she is, don't take it too much to heart - it's her with the problem, not you.

Lily said...

Please send me your sister's email address, thank you

Lily

snowdrop said...

Sisters! Yikes! I know what it's like, and can only second what rain said! Take care!

turtlegirl76 said...

That's ok, my sisters all tried the "you're not invited but this is when we're getting married" thing. Only to decide last minute that we could come. Bah. At least one sister I guilted into letting our small family witness her nuptials on the beach this summer. I'd like to see ONE of my 3 sisters get married please! Sheesh. Sisters can really suck sometimes.

Anonymous said...

my sister did that too!!! i am also sooo close to her and she got her elementary school friend for her MoH who doesn't even remember her i think so booo to all the evil sisters out there...

Suse said...

Oh that's hurtful, I'm so sorry for you. I hope you can come to some sort of acceptance and not waste your energy getting angry. As someone above said, it's her with the issue, not yours.