Sunday, May 14, 2006

H is for Hammock




Yes, you've seen this picture before, but what's a girl to do when she doesn't have a camera? I have to use old pictures or find pictures I haven't posted yet. Argh. It was pretty cloudy for the past week, but today it was gorgeous! Just in time for Mother's Day. I got to do lots of fun things today like spread mulch and vacuum. Oooh! My dad, my sister and I took my mom to her favorite (not anymore) restaurant, Water Street Cafe in downtown Olympia. It's right by Canvas Works, but they were closed. My dad and I were sensible and ordered steaks and pommes frites - they're French fries, damnit! French fries! Pommes frites... Di had some seafood pasta stuff and mom had grilled halibut with gnocchi, which were really overdone. Do not go to a fancy restaurant on a holiday, we learned. Normally the service there is great, but today it sucked. We got mom a cake on the way home and even put crayon candles in it, just for fun. We (my dad, mom and I - Di went home to her almost hubby) sat outside on the deck, knitted, drank tea, and chatted. It was very pleasant.

Allison, you won't get any pictures of Picovoli for at least a week. I asked my dad to bring home his work camera, but we'll see. I hate to pester him because it is a camera for work, not home. We both agreed that we need to get one for home. Definitely.
My dad wants a pair of man-sized Broadstreet Mittens (on Knitty - I don't feel like linking). He saw mine and loved them. I'm going to use Socks That Rock so he can machine wash them. Dad doesn't do hand washing. He'll also be getting a cashmere scarf...If I ever get my late box of yarn...Tick tock.
I finished a plain baby hat with a pom-pom and a pair of baby booties from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for my highschool librarian. She was always very nice so when I talked to her in Safeway last week and found out she was preggers with a baby boy, I promised her baby clothes. I'm trying to finish a baby sweater quickly, but I haven't had a lot of time to work on it.

I'm still busy painting, planting "attractive growth", and cleaning up inside and outside. It's great fun, lemme tell ya. Before I quit here for the night I want to say thanks to everyone who's still reading my blog regardless of the lack of pictures or frequency of my posts. I'm so busy that when I get a free moment I want to spend it knitting, although I do still go on Knittyboard in the mornings. I don't always get a chance to go through your blogs as often as I want to and I am always forgetting to respond to your comments. Thanks, guys!

G'night!

4 comments:

Tygher Knits said...

Ohh! Oh such kitty cuteness!! *falls over dead*

Rain said...

Kitty looks very content indeed.

It sounds like you spoilt your Mom rotten and deservedly so.

allisonmariecat said...

Sounds like 'H' is for hectic! Awwww, cute tuckered-out kitty :)

Stefaneener said...

I bet you deserve to rest just like kitty is!

Hang in there and you'll get pictures up some day.