Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm Baaack!

I had gotten in the habit of posting every other day just to keep you on top of everything, but it's hard to do that when your computer goes on the fritz. Turns out there was a bunch of spyware lurking about our system, but once we got all that removed, everything was fine and dandy. Our computer has come back to us in better shape and free of spyware. I'd like to introduce my crowbar to the people who put spyware on computers...HI!!!
What's new? Hmmm...We just had a power outage this morning until about a half hour ago. Puget Sound Energy sucks. We've had more outages with them than any other company in any other state. There's only so many times you can blame it on the trees, people! I do hate evergreens though, so in a way, blaming it on the trees doesn't bother me as much as if they'd blamed it on the customers.
I finished Aunt Marge's mittens. They're splendid, but long. She has long hands, much longer than any hands I've knit for previously. Again, they're Atacama 100% alpaca in a chocolate, khaki, cocoa brown variegated color. Pretty, and it hides the dirt. She liked the choice because it will match her suede jacket. She'll be here on the 20th, I can't wait! I haven't seen her in about a year. I only have three aunts, but she's my favorite.
I'm working towards the heel on Dusty's sock, I have about 4 1/2 inches of the cuff. Admittedly, I have been working on Clapotis a bit more because I'm working on dropping columns of stitches - which is really fun. I finished the light blue skein (and section 2) and have moved onto the darker blue, which will signify the middle. When I reach the other end it's back to the lighter blue.
I have the first four letters of the alphabet photographed. I'm going to put them somewhere. Maybe a separate blog. And no, C is not for Cat. D will disgust you.
I went to Canvas Works today and DIDN"T BUY ANY YARN. It's amazing. I have too much yarn. Too much! They're now carrying Manos del Uruguay and some neat totes by Lantern Moon, the colored ones. I may get one. Should I get a neon colored tote or a more sedate color? I'm really not sure. They're the perfect size and they're very attractive. Lovely.
I'm rambling a little, aren't I?
By the by, I STILL can't post pictures. What the hell is up with blogger? This is the only blog I can't post pics on. It's really getting on my nerves.
Try this on for size:
You are Shetland Wool.
You are Shetland Wool.You are a traditional sort who can sometimes be a
little on the harsh side. Though you look
delicate you are tough as nails and prone to
intricacies. Despite your acerbic ways you
are widely respected and even revered.

What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by

1 comment:

Nederlass said...

Hi there, just passing by!
I noticed the odd top bar and immediately knew it had to be because of the Knitting Kitty webring.
There is something in their code that screws up your page...
If you go to your Template and check the code for the Knitting Kitty ring, take away the tag that says: "< /body >"
This should help get the page right again.

Buhbye!
MJ