Friday, December 09, 2005

Promised Pictures

Christmas Gifts, so far:My sister Di's mitten. I just have to finish the thumb, then knit the left mitten. Made out of Mountain Colors 4/8's wool in Missouri River Blues.
Cable detail on Di's mitten.The cable hat I designed especially for my sister, to match her mittens...if I ever get both of them done in time for Christmas. Moss stitch brim and alternating 8-stitch and 4-stitch cables all around. Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Mystic Lake.


My mitten! (Christmas gift to me) The only one I was able to finish before I started Christmas knitting. It's so soft and comfy. Knit out of Mountain Colors 4/8's wool in Meadow. Lovely.
The Army Girl hat out of the new Interweave Knits magazine (or off their website). I'm using Noro Kureyon instead of the Baby Alpaca...which would be nice, but I'm low on $$$. I plan on including embellishments. Hmmm..braided ties? Pom-poms? We'll see...
* * *
I must get back to my knitting. I WILL finish those mittens and that hat in time for the big day. I also need to finish another Christmas project that I will post on here and on craftster.org.

No comments: